Simple hors d’oeuvres with Italian turkey sausages. Chomp.
Sweet Italian Sausages in Balsamic Reduction
8 sweet Italian sausages (about 2 lbs)
1 1/2 c Balsamic vinegar
1) Half-fill a large saucepan/pot with water, bring to a simmer, add the sausages. Poach the sausages - about 6-8 minutes ( they’ll feel firm).
2) Remove the sausages, and set a sauté pan on medium high heat, add two tablespoons olive oil.
3) While the pan heats, slice the sausages on an angle into bite-sized pieces.
4) Brown the slices, both sides, in batches, then pour the excess oil off the pan.
5) Add the balsamic vinegar to the pan, scraping up any brown bits, then return all sausage to the pan. Continue simmering until the balsamic reduces and is syrupy. Serve!
Put the turkey on a roasting rack inside a low pan and pat it dry with paper towels. Add the aromatics to the cavity. Coat the bird generously with veggie oil.
Place the pan with turkey on the lowest rack and roast at 500 degrees F for half an hour. Then remove and cover the breast with two layers of aluminum foil and reduce the oven temp to 350 degrees.
At this point insert your probe thermometer into the thickest part of the turkey breast.
Be sure to let the turkey rest, still covered with foil, for 15 minutes prior to carving!